More in this Section:
Corporate Account Takeover
Corporate Account Takeover is the equivalent of personal identity theft. It is a fast growing electronic crime where hackers typically use some form of malware to obtain online banking credentials or remote control of corporate computers targeting small and medium businesses. These hackers will then drain the deposits of the compromised bank accounts.
As a business owner, you need an understanding of how to take proactive steps to avoid, or at least minimize, most threats.
- Restrict functions for computer workstations and laptops that are used for Online Banking and payments
- Apply operating system and application updates (patches) regularly
- Ensure that anti-virus/spyware software in installed, functional and is updated with the most current version
- Have host-based firewall software installed on computers
- Always initiate ACH and wire transfer payments under dual control
- Reconcile your business bank accounts daily
- Turn off your computer when not in use
Call us immediately if you believe that your Ciera Bank account has been compromised.